Friday, November 28, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

As much as I love Thanksgiving, and believe me when I say that I really love Thanksgiving, I can hardly wait for the day after. No, not for the 6:00 am deals at the local Dillard's, for the music. It's the day when it's 100% acceptable to begin listening to Christmas music. Yes that music that no matter what Christmas holidays of past have brought, you believe that this Christmas can be a magical one.

Some people sneak in the Christmas music before Thanksgiving and I completely support that. In fact, I started listening to Christmas music on Oct. 28 this year. Hey, my sister plans her Halloween costume in July and I listen to Christmas music before Halloween. There's no real harm done.

It's safe to say that most don't start dusting off the Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole and Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas favorites until shortly after Thanksgiving. At this point, I'm so hopped up on sentimental tunes I don't care when you start the Christmas music. Just make sure you turn it on soon. After all, it is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: