Thursday, February 5, 2009

God bless the Girl Scouts

Today at work I had an ethical dilemma. I've had to make this decision countless times and each time it's just as tough as the time before. I'm familiar with the situation and I know the decision I should make as well as understanding the consequences for making the wrong decision. While the choice may be clear cut for some, I usually spend 30 minutes listening to the angel on my right shoulder debate with the devil sitting on my left shoulder. I'm debating my healthy snack against my sinful snack.


That's right I was a good girl this morning and took an apple to work to munch on in the afternoon. But as I gazed upon the apple sitting on my desk waiting to be devoured that pesky little devil popped up to remind me I had two boxes of girl scout cookies stashed in my "work pantry." It was only a matter of minutes before I abandoned my good intentions and began to salivate over Thin Mints and Caramel Delights. I couldn't even manage to get all four cookies out before taking a bite. In that moment I sent up a little prayer thanking God for blessing the Girl Scouts with such tasty treats and allowing me to enjoy them for a short time once a year.



Now, there might be someone out there wondering why I neglected to bring home the girl scout cookies to share. Well darlin', I was just trying to save you from having to make the same excruciating decision I was faced with. I did it for you.

No comments: