Thursday, February 19, 2009

Karate Chop!

I have encountered many things in my life that I feel are completely underrated. Cheese, socks, space heaters, french toast, things like that. As I slowly approach my third decade (yikes!) in this life, I think I've found the most underrated thing. The karate chop.

I'm not referring to the "hey hold this concrete block steady so I can smash it with my karate chop" kind of chop. I'm referring to the "oh my goodness I'm in sore muscle heaven...keep going" karate chop. It's a massage technique and it is oh so underrated. It's able to find sore and tense muscles you never knew existed. As much as I love the traditional "kneading" technique to massages I'm seriously contemplating a request that my masseuse give me a full 60 minutes of the karate chop.

So next time your shoulders and back and....okay I'll admit it, your butt are sore, ask your loved one to give you a karate chop massage. You'll be so glad you did! LOVE it!

No comments: