Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Surprise!

If you ever want to get on my good side, just surprise me with something!
I love surprises. You could surprise me with a box of dirt and I'd be happy about it. Big or small, I'll take any sort of surprise I can get. Why is a surprise soooo great? Because it's not expected...duh, it's a SURPRISE! Surprises come in all forms and I enjoy them all equally. Good news, a card in the mail, a gift for no reason at all, a phone call, birthday cake, people coming into town without telling me, they're all great. I guess I like them because when you don't expect something nice to be done for you the joy you receive from the surprise is multiplied. Yeah, you expect people to be nice to you on your birthday and Christmas. Those things are wonderful and very much appreciated. However, a card in the mail just to say "hi" or someone burning a CD of your favorite sing-along songs or even searching the internet far and wide for your pal's favorite color of discontinued lip gloss, that's a surprise. Now, if anyone out there feels the need to surprise me with a black Honda Pilot fully loaded with leather interior please proceed. If not, I'll gladly take a surprise visit the next time your in town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Generally I say I hate surprises but that's not true...I love surprises if I don't know they're coming, like if they're actually a surprise. Duh, I know. But when someone says "I have a surprise for you later" that just makes the wait painful and completely takes away the surprise factor. Although I'm totally guilty of telling people about their surprise in advance because I get too excited to hold back!

PS. Am I your first comment ever!?

Anonymous said...

Darn...I just realised I'm NOT your first comment ever. :(