Thursday, October 23, 2008

More socks please!

It is my opinion that socks are one of the greatest things on earth. Seriously. Socks have the ability to help you feel calm and cozy in the midst of craziness. Now many people could argue against me and say that bare feet are best. I don't disagree. Having bare feet is a glorious feeling when you want to feel fresh, clean and casual. But when you are searching for coziness, comfort and warmth, look no further than a pair of socks. Let's examine an example of socks and their awesomeness.

Let's say you've taken a quick trip to the grocery store in your flip flops. In mid October this won't always be a bad thing but think of the weather recently and how upset your little toes would be after several minutes of exposure to the chilly air. You sit down and just want to relax for the rest of the evening but to do that, you'll want to warm up first. You reach for a pair of socks and as you slip them over your chilled toes you can't help but feel a little more cozy.

Socks, my friends, are magical. Even if you aren't cold, socks will comfort you. Now for those of you who think I'm crazy, check this out: Several times in my short 3 year working world life I have taken a pair of socks to work with me. When I know I'll be at my desk for an hour or two, I'll kick off my heels and slip into a pair of socks and I've never felt better. LOVE it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a sock lover too...not only do I wear them as much as possible, I advocate others to wear socks as well because I hate looking a feet. Gag.

Anonymous said...

i enjoy socks...as long as they are not those creepy toe socks! yuck!