Thursday, May 28, 2009

A hug is the new high-five

I love hugs. Hugs can be platonic, excited, friendly, welcoming, warm, romantic and just plain awesome. Who doesn't like getting hugs? One great thing about not living close to a lot of my friends is the fact that I get to hug them when I see them. If I have a bad day, just a couple minutes of a hug turns my mood right around. A hug can comfort you in ways that are unexplainable when situations arise that are too deep for words. A hug is a genuine way to say "I care about you."

Apparently not everyone shares my love for hugs. Apparently there are school principals and teachers around the nation who view hugs amongst friends as "dangerous territory." Really? You think hugs are dangerous? Are the concerned that a hug will lead to a kiss which will lead to....? Give these kids some credit. It's a hug. I hope this isn't what America has come to. Forbiding hugs - give me a break!

I hereby make it my personal vow to hug as much as possible. Not so much that I get creepy or anything, but when necessary and relevant, I'm gonna hug. You're gonna like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love hugs too! In fact, one of my favorite pictures of all time is of us hugging. I totally agree with you and I will gladly accept your hugs:)